Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Staying Positive

Every family goes through many different crisis that can either have negative affects on the family or positive affects.  In class this week we talked about how to deal with crisis within your family and how they affect your family.  Recently, my Dad has been diagnosed with cancer.  This has been very tough for everyone in our family and has effected our roles within the family.  My dad has played the role of both mom and dad in our family but while he has been dealing with cancer, he hasn't been able to fulfill those roles as well.  My sisters and I have all helped to fill in for those roles and it has had a big impact on us.  Although this has been hard on all of us, we have been able to keep a positive attitude.
In class, we talked about how to deal with crisis. A crisis within a family is bound to happen, so you have to be prepared for it.  How you deal with a crisis determines the outcome of the crisis.  My family and I could chose to be negative about my dad's cancer and chose to constantly be sad about it but my dad has taught us that that won't help improve the situation at all.  By staying positive, we know that we can handle whatever hardships come from his cancer and know that we will be able to get through whatever happens.  Attitude has so much to do with the outcome of crisis.  I believe that if you dwell on the fact that you are going through a hard time, it's going to make it even harder.  In order to progress in life, you have to stay positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment